Printable Learning Activities to Develop Kid's Basic Preschool Skills
Early education plays a very important role in a child’s life because it develops the foundation for future school achievements. However, early education is only effective if a child is interested, engaged, and happy. Keeping in mind the three important characteristics of toddler’s and preschool education – «playing-exploring-active» – we have created printable educational preschool worksheets and board games for children of 1–7 years old, which assist in the learning and improvement of all types of children's skills.
Fine motor skills and pre-writing worksheets for kids
Fine motor skills development is an extremely important step in early education. Practice with colorful funny kindergarten worksheets makes a habit of regular learning, because of its fun and engaging manner. You can select an activity that is most preferable and effective for your child:
- sorting objects worksheets;
- matching worksheets for toddlers or preschool;
- tracing worksheets;
- color worksheet;
- cutting practice worksheets.
Math activities for toddlers, kindergarten and preschool
At the age of 2-3 years old, children get to learn figures and counting. By this age, they can distinguish geometric forms and solve simple math problems. Math learning preschool activities help to gain future academic achievements at school. Here are some useful tips:
- Demonstrate a practical usage of math in the real life. Point at everything related to counting around you. You can do this when shopping, cooking, and counting the time.
- Let a child investigate and work with things they are curious about: toys, candies, objects in nature, household items, money, etc.
- Use printable math games for kindergarten to make interesting lessons. Children like colorful and fascinating printouts, and it contributes to motivated learning.
Printable logic and critical thinking activities for play and fun
Taking full advantage of right decision-making can be learned even during preschool age. On our website, you can print free practical logical activities to teach children to assess the situation and make the most proper and effective decision.
Craft templates for creativity
Print out templates for paper crafts contribute to improving toddlers' imagination and creativity by helping them make handcrafted items. Let it be an absolutely free creative process, in order to unlock and develop a child’s imagination and creative potential. Simply color, draw, construct, and make your own design without any rules and limits, based only on your personal vision.
Activities to improve kids’ memory skills
Printable memory games develop a child's ability to grasp knowledge and memorize information. It also helps to better organize and remember their everyday tasks such as tidying up a room, filling a pencil case, cleaning their teeth, and helping their parents with simple household tasks.
Thematic preschool worksheets for everybody
A correctly chosen game topic is a key to success. If you select a worksheet on a topic that a child is curious about, you get a self-motivated, engaged, and active student. These worksheets help to capture a child’s interest and get them to concentrate on the task. Some learning activities (e.g. counting, graphomotor skills worksheets, pattern cutting, handwriting worksheets for kids, etc.) demand sitting still for a particular time. For children, this can be a problem unless they do something captivating. Interesting and entertaining learning is the most effective way of education – just remember to select the right topic for your child.
Quick and Easy Preschool Activities at Home
- Find the right printable activities for kids by topic, category, or age.
- Download or print it online for free.
- If you want to use printable worksheets many times, we recommend making a plastic lamination.
- Depending on the game, you can paste fastener tape on the laminated pieces.
- Using premium subscription, you can receive exclusive preschool learning games and other subscription benefits.
Why the Wunderkiddy?
- We create interesting play-based teaching materials that make learning fun.
- We provide parents with family activity ideas and free educational resources for noncommercial home usage.
- Teachers are also allowed to use free kindergarten worksheets from our site for group lessons with kindergarten children.
- We are open to new ideas. If you have one, just send us a message and our team will try their best to implement it.